Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A lesson from a photographer

"While working on my latest painting this month, the Cougar Totem in the video above, I woke up at 4:00am on a Sunday, because I knew that I only had a few hours left before the painting was done, and I was excited to finish it. When you find that which you would do even if nobody paid you, that creative work that feels indescribably right, then that is the work you’re supposed to be doing.

If you haven’t found it yet, keep moving forward. Challenge your own assumptions, be willing to experiment and get comfortable with rejection. I’ve always learned much more from my failures than my successes. Most importantly, keep trying new things, because the next one could be it.  And even if you are lucky enough to find the work you’re meant to do now, it’s still only a stepping stone to the work you’re meant to do later."

Read the rest here.

No comments: